Thursday 17 May 2012

Tutorial Two: Occupational Engagement, Doing, Being, Becoming and Belonging

 PLAY

I chose the occupation of 'play' as this is related to my fieldwork experience, and it encompasses such a broad range of occupations.

I have alot of experience in play. Not only in my fieldwork experiences, but also in my role as an Aunty, babysitter and friend. Play is an integral part of human occupation as it provides meaningful occupation.

Oxford Dictionary defines 'do' as "perform (an action, the precise nature of which is often unspecified)" (Oxford Dictionary, 2012). They define 'be' as "to exist" (Oxford Dictionary, 2012). 'Belong' is defined as " be the property of" or "be a member of (a particular group or organization)" (Oxford Dictionary, 2012). They define 'become' as "begin to be" (Oxford Dictionary, 2012)

Some of the pictures I used are of members of my family. I spoke to them before posting as an ethical consideration, and got verbal conset. 



Privacy is a big issue on the internet, as is copyright.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment